Saturday, March 7, 2009

Stroller Envy

I'm always discovering new gear that is better in one way or another. I mean, we have plenty of stuff for the girls, but it's not until you meet other moms and begin to see your gear in action, that you realize what you have purchased might not be the best option for you.

The problem with the gear for babies and toddlers is that it's good for a millisecond and then a new stage begins, which calls for a different set of gear. From bouncy seats to swaddles, swings to jumperoos, it's only good for so long before they grow out of it or you find something better.

I have a wonderful MacLaren stroller, but I came down with a case of stroller envy recently. I saw a woman with fraternal twins in the Stamford mall and she had a Bumbleride stroller, which I really liked, but after some more research and talking to a MoM who has one, I found out that it doesn't lock shut when you fold it up. There is nothing worse than having a large double stroller unfold as you pull it out of your car. I have pinched my finger and gotten a blood blister more times than I care to recount with the stupid snap n go piece of garbage (garbage, but completely necessary in the beginning).

So now I am set on the Valco Twin. Someone let me push theirs today with their twins in it and they are twice as old as mine, but it was like pushing air. The seats are so roomy and they have better views and canopies. Anyone have an opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment