Thursday, June 18, 2009

Party Planning

Now that ear infections are hopefully over for at least a few weeks, we can start thinking more about the girls' birthday party. Of course it's more a party for adults but hey, everyone needs a cupcake once in a while.

The theme is Miffy and I found a bunch of Miffy themed party supplies on eBay. The cartoon is done in primary colors so I need to coordinate balloons and paper goods, which is so hard considering I love purple and pink. It's going to be hard to stray from those colors.

We have a woman named Chris, recommended to us by a friend, who is making Miffy cookies. They will be adorable, I'm sure. Her company is called ArtGirl Cookies and you can check out her work here.

I ordered cupcakes from Crumbs Bakery, which just opened in Westport a few months ago. I love their cupcakes. I still love the cupcakes from Great Cakes, also in Westport, but Crumbs is really good and the cupcakes are slightly bigger. They make cakes too, which I didn't know. I picked the basic sprinkle cupcakes in strawberry, chocolate and vanilla, with two special cupcakes for the girls: rasberry and blueberry swirl.

I had previously ordered a cake from SONO Baking but the customer service was so bad I cancelled my order. Apparently it's an ongoing issue there, which is really too bad since the product is good.

What's left? I'll put my husband on balloon pick-up and I am going to make a little lunch buffet for guests. I need to work out something for the kids as well. We have some tbd guests but I need a final count by next week for sure.

Almost there!


No comments:

Post a Comment