Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cabin Fever

We have cabin fever -- along with the other hundreds and thousands of moms in across the U.S. (well maybe it's not so bad in L.A.). Winter here is dragging, as usual, and just when you think the snow is gone and the grass is around to stay, we get dumped on again. I find that March is the hardest month because technically spring is supposed to begin, but it doesn't really start until my birthday, in April. It is, however, a nice gift.

The girls turned 20 months yesterday. I am on a downward path toward the terrible two's, even though I feel like it started around 13 months. Tempers and attitudes are playing out over the course of the day and I am doing my best to play both referee and ignore the whining. But at the end of the day it's all worth it as we are rewarded with several cuddle sessions and kisses.

We had the stomach flu two weeks ago. It started with Isabelle and then Zoe caught it a few hours later. I was spared until five days later, while my husband fresh home from a business trip also came down with the awful, awful bug. I really wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Vomiting and stomach pain, aches, chills and sweats. When I finally came down with the symptoms, all I could think of was how my poor little girls endured the same. They also ended up with a raging diaper rash from the end of the bug (will spare you the details). Not fair. They were like little cuddly, wet noodles for two days. We watched our fair share of Elmo and Yo Gabba Gabba. Foofa is Zoe's favorite. She has a little stuffed animal version of the character who she sleeps with at night.

My friend asked me yesterday if I had picked a date for the girls' birthday this summer as her friend who has a child the same age already "called" a date for her son's second birthday. I can't even think about a party right now. I feel like I am drowning in Desitin & Triple Paste. The women in my family were blessed with incredibly sensitive skin.

I think we will have a Yo Gabba Gabba themed party, but something simple and at home. I am sure that is what the girls would want anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment