Friday, August 14, 2009

Twin Comments

I know this is a popular topic for me, but I can't help get annoyed. Maybe someday I will learn to ignore. I am getting better though.

I went to my beloved Stop & Shop in Westport yesterday, which I hear is getting a Starbucks, and heard all my favorite (hint: sarcasm) comments!

In less than 30 minutes I heard the following:
* Are they twins? (4x)
* Are they identical? (2x)
* Boy and girl? (1x)
* Double trouble! (1x)
+ two unsolicited toe touches

I know people are just trying to be nice, but it's so annoying. It's not like we are a freak show I mean it's just two children. Lots of people have more than two children. Twins are pretty common anyway these days. If I had six or eight babies in toe at Stop & Shop then yes, I would totally expect crazy stares and questions.

I guess it's not that I actually mind the questions, it's just that they are such stupid questions. I mean the identical question actually doesn't bother me. But they are usually dressed in pink and I have a hot pink stroller so the one of each question is just stupid. I get asked if they are boys a lot too. Let's not discuss.

Double trouble is just so annoying because it doesn't do anything for anybody. I am not going to throw a smile your way for that one! But it was an old guy and usually I get that from older people, so we will give him a break.

And please, don't touch my babies. Unless you want to come over when they get sick and rock them back to sleep every hour while they are snotting on your shoulder, just keep your fingers to yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment