Thursday, May 21, 2009

Almost There ...


It's almost the girls' one-year birthday. The show I used to watch for inspiration during my pregnancy, Jon + Kate + 8, is now in the media spotlight because their marriage is falling apart from alleged infidelity, among other issues. We've certainly had our ups and downs -- being a parent isn't easy -- but we are a strong family. 

The time really did go by quickly. I think I wanted it to in a way because the early months were really hard. They seemed so little to me. Now when I see babies I can't imagine mine being that small. I don't even really want to hold little babies when I have the chance. It's not comfortable to me. I like my girls' just the age they are. In fact, I can't wait for them to be a little older. I want to hear them talk and to play games with them. I want to paint their toes pink and have fashion parades with dress up clothes. It's not that I don't love my babies, I am just ready for a different dimension to our relationship.

We're doing a Miffy theme for the one-year party. I ordered some Miffy decorations and there will be Miffy on their cake. I know they won't remember their first birthday, but it's definitely something to celebrate, if only for the adults. 

Thanks to all my family and friends for helping us get this far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment