Thursday, May 21, 2009

Child Proofers

Someone will probably flame me when they hear I paid someone to come and child proof my home. But I must explain that my husband and I are challenged when it comes to drills. We have actually bought several drills thinking it was the drill that was the issue, when in fact, it was just us. I can put anything together and my husband is amazing when it comes to wiring for TV/stereo, but we just can't seem to get a screw into the wall.

There is a great guy up here named Jay Martel -- aka the Child Proof Coach. He will come to your house, bring all the necessary safety devices (i.e. gates, locks, latches, etc.) and install everything for you. If you have twins and no help, you can definitely justify the cost. The actual labor fee is very reasonable and then you just pay for the products, which actually cost less through him than at a store like what was formerly The Right Start. Plus, he's really funny and nice. He won't talk you into gating and latching the entire house ... just wouldn't make sense.

So, if you are like me, a first-time mom who is not so great with a drill, give him a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment