Monday, February 16, 2009

Boarding A Plane Near You: Countdown to Florida




I'll admit it: I'm that person who gave families the evil eye for bringing their loud, germ-infested, screaming children on planes. While waiting in line to board, I would scope out the crowd hoping that the little rugrats wouldn't end up next to me. Well now I'm on the flip side. Our in-laws live in Florida and I told everyone I wouldn't bring them down there until they could remember building a sandcastle. But here I am in February, praying for the snow to melt and for Spring to come. Every year around this time we would go down there and it was gorgeous. Even if it wasn't super warm, just the change of scene was so positive for our mental well-being.

So I made the decision and we're going in early March. My MIL is one of the kindest, most patient people on the planet. And I'm not just saying that in case she reads my blog. It's totally true. This summer they were both screaming their heads off and she just turned to me, smiled and laughed and I was instantly calm amid the storm. She is going to fly up to CT, help us get our acts together and then we'll go back down together. My husband is meeting us there from a business trip in New Orleans. After a few days, he'll come back with me and the girls.

When I first became pregnant I saw this t-shirt online and thought it was hilarious. I think I may get two for the girls so they can wear them on the plane. I mean, how perfect?

No comments:

Post a Comment