Saturday, February 7, 2009

Here we go again ...




On June 25, 2008, I abruptly gave up my first blog brooklyn enthusiast. My water broke in our apartment. I grabbed my hospital bag and jumped into a cab to NY Presbyterian-Weill Cornell (side note: how could the largest hospital in NYC be "out of network" for our insurance? We're still getting bills, but I digress ...). Five days later, we put our tiny twin girls into our new jumbo-sized car (no, not a minivan) and headed up the FDR to I95. This would be my second time leaving Manhattan for Fairfield County.


I guess it was at the 12 week ultrasound. I was lying down on the table and Dr. C was doing the sonogram. He was pointing out the various parts of the baby blob on his old school 6x6" monitor when my husband leaned over his shoulder and pointed to the screen.

"What's that other blob?" he asked, all the while knowing exactly what is was. "Oh I was just about to get to that ... it looks like you're having twins!" said Dr. C.


I grew up in Manhattan, which I guess makes me a "real" New Yorker. My parents moved our family to CT just before I was set to enter eighth grade. After living in Boston for several years, we moved back to Manhattan into a an apartment on 34th street, surrounded by the amazing Empire State Building, the obnoxious traffic from Queens/Midtown tunnel and New York University Hospital, which coincidentially I was born at in the late 70s. My husband is from CT so we always knew we would probably end up back here someday -- we just never realized how soon.

My identical girl twins are almost 8 months now. It's true what they say about time flying. I miss Brooklyn, but moving here was the right thing to do for our family. I also miss blogging. Writing has always been my passion. So, here we go again ... introducing Twinthusiast!

This blog is not intended to be an advertisement for baby stuff, but I will definitely go into the things my girls like, dislike and things I love and hate. There will of course be the occasional food tangent and rant. I hope people will enjoy my sense of humor, likely sarcastic at times, and join in on commenting about raising children. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment