Friday, February 20, 2009

No Photos, Please

If you have twins, you know what I am talking about. Why is a stroller with two babies such a spectacle? I mean lots of people have two kids and they have double strollers. I guess it's more when I use the double snap n go because it is so long. People stop and stare like I have a litter of ten babies I am pushing around.

Not to mention the questions I get: one of each? two boys? Look lady, the car seats are exploding with pink flowers, they have pink pacifiers and pink blankets. Come on people! Then there are the people who like to take a peek. Like my babies are there on display for their enjoyment. I mean I know they are absolutely adorable and beautiful, and of course I don't mind people complimenting the girls, but it's when people feel like the have the right to reach in and almost touch the babies. Aside from the fact they are often sleeping in the stroller, I don't want your germie hands on them! Someone on my street reached in one day to re-plug my daughter's pacifier. That is just such a no-no.

I couldn't imagine having sextuplets or octupulets, let alone triplets. What on earth would that be like? You get your own TV show and lots of freebies I guess.

The best is when I go out with my friend who has twins as well. People just stop and stare at the six of us. Trust me, I am not complaining about having two babies. I wouldn't have it any other way. It's just other people seem so amazed, when in reality, it's so common. Special, but not as rare as one would think. According to Wikipedia, "only about three pairs of twins per 1,000 deliveries occur as a result of natural conception, while for IVF deliveries, there are nearly 21 pairs of twins for every 1,000." And in case you're wondering, ours were spontaneous (aka natural).

No comments:

Post a Comment